Saturday 3 March 2007

Spit in the Rain

Just been playing old tracks very loudly. This is kind of going back to the Getting Older post. It's a bit noisy upstairs so I now have my stereo on full blast and am going through old CD tracks (the turntable is burried under a pile of junk so can't dig out the vinyl).

Anyway, it resulted in me digging out old CD singles and I eventually got to Del Amitri and Spit in the Rain.
What a track!

You can grin but you can't hide
All the emptiness inside
Since she left you like spit in the rain

Without doubt it is true
She was the only love you knew
Now she's gone it fades away
Like spit in the rain

And you can try to find her
But youll be looking in vain
Because love disappears like spit in the rain

You can try to figure out
Why you mean nothing to her now
But you might just as well
Go spit in the rain

Maybe then you will find
Her sweet memory in your mind
Washed away, and out of sight
Like spit in the rain

Without doubt it is true
Without her there's only you
But with a little luck and with a little time
You'll pull through


This track is just so ironic, but true, you do pull through. It was played over and over when I split up with one of my exes. It seemed appropriate and I used to love walking in the rain. Love it.

No comments: