Saturday 10 February 2007

Cute dogs

Confusing I know, post title says cute dogs and you get a picture of a cat!






I've always been a pet lover. Living in Africa as a child we always had dogs and I love them. Unfortunately, I now live in a one bedroom flat and have a full time job. That kind of precludes having dogs as pets. So, animal lover that I am, I brought my two kitty girls from my
old house to live with me here in my flat. (They did have a slightly extended holiday at Mum and Dad's old place in East London before they moved here, as I had a bit of a gap between moving out of the house and fnding somewhere else to live.)

Anyway, that gives a bit of my history, photo of Moja (cat number one - Moja means one in Swahili) is the one at the top of this post - it's a fairly recent one, will try and get some cutie kitten ones scanned at a later date. Pics of Mbili (two in Swahili) will also follow.

Well, the post title is cute dogs, I'd love a dog and I know a dog would love me! While we were in Africa when I was a lot younger we always had dogs. Unfortunately now I have to fulfill my dog hug and play requirements with my friends pets. So, here are three pictures of Chas (a Bichon Frise), Billy (another Bichon Frise) and Lola (Miniature Schnauzer) in turn. (I know, ladies should be mentioned first, but this is in age order, oldest first.) They are all small dogs and up until meeting them I was used to dogs of a much larger variety, but they are absolutely full of fun and character.



The dog(s) that I am waiting to meet (all I've done so far is read about them), and I suspect it might be some time before I do actually meet them - if ever, belong to my cousin and his wife. They are Black Russian Terriers and sound like absolute terrorists, and are huuuuge, but I still would love to get to know them. This is a picture that I snaffled off R&J's old blog site, it's a small picture but the dogs are so much bigger than those in the earlier pictures.

Oh well, photos all up, not like the real thing but about as close as I'm going to get!

3 comments:

tinks said...

Hmmmn Rog, I know I said I'd like to meet them, but I think the flat here is far too small for them and I might end up with no cats let alone no postman!!

tinks said...

Rog - if by some remote chance you check back here - FTOSF is still not accepting comments even tho you have a new post. It comes up with a message along the lines of what you are looking for isn't here.

tinks said...

Rog - if you get back here FTOSF is still not accepting comments - get message that