Saturday 3 February 2007

Wales

Mum and Dad moved to North Wales in October 2000, to a place called Deganwy. I don't visit as much as I should, although probably more than I did when they lived the other side of London!

Here is a photo I took when I did visit in June 2002. It's up in Conwy Castle, which is just across the bay from where Mum and Dad are. I had a few moments of panic trying to wander round at this height, it was even worse at the top of one of the towers!

If I were to move to Wales, which Mum keeps trying to persuade me to do, I would love to have a little place within Conwy's town walls. It's a small town with character and lots of little shops filled with wonderful stuff. These shops include my favourite butchers shop, Edwards of Conwy, which also includes a delicious deli. Mum takes me there to stock up on tasty food every time I visit.

Another place to visit in Conwy, just down on the waterfront, is the littlest house in Britain. It's tiny, as you can see from the picture (the lady standing outside wasn't very tall) but if I remember correctly two people used to live in there! It is actually two floors with the "bedroom" upstairs.

Nearby, just outside the town centre, is Conwy Butterfly Jungle, which is an enclosed jungle type garden full of beautiful tropical butterflies. I took loads of photos there but seem to have lost most of them. They were really stunning.

From 0206

No comments: